Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Pop till you can’t stop
Recipe by: Chef Jonathan
Wine Pairing: 2013 Pietro Family Cellars Field Blend, California
PREP TIME: 25 Minutes COOKING TIME: 40 Minutes TOTAL TIME: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
- 7 Jalapeno peppers
- 4 Oz. Cream cheese
- 1 Cup Smoked Gouda (shredded)
- 12 Slices applewood smoked bacon
- 1 Tsp. GC Napa Valley Meat Rub
- 1 Cups Mayonnaise
- 3 Tsp. Cup GC Napa Valley Extra Virgin Buttery Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- ½ Tsp. GC Napa Valley Lavender Tellicherry Pepper
- ½ Tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Tuscan Rosemary Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1 Eureka lemon, juice only
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Wash and slice jalapenos in half lengthwise, scrape out the seeds and white ribs.
- Mix cream cheese, smoked gouda, and Meat Rub together in a mixing bowl. Fill jalapeno halves with cheese mixture (level with jalapeno halves).
- Wrap bacon around entire jalapeno to secure cheese inside.
- Place jalapenos on a foil lined baking sheet (sub parchment paper) and bake for 20 minutes. The bacon will render fat during the cooking process. Turn up the oven temperature to 420 degrees and bake for another 10 minutes to become crispy. (Chef tip: change baking pan for final minutes to have even cooking)
- In a mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, lemon juice, Extra Virgin Buttery Olive Oil, Lavender Tellicherry Pepper, Tuscan Rosemary Finishing Sea Salt, garlic, and Italian parsley together until combined.
Serve these tasty treats on a bed of lettuce with sauce in a fun small bowl at the side for easy dipping!
▼ Click here to download the recipe card