Crispy Aromatic Rub Roasted Chicken
The skin is the thing! Filled with layers of flavor. The chicken is juicy and the rough chopped presentation makes you want to eat with your fingers!
WINE PAIRING: JUXTAPOSITION CABERNET SAUVIGNON NAPA VALLEY 2011
- 1 whole chicken, preferably organic, at minimum without antibiotics
- 2 tbsp GC NAPA VALLEY Buttery Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 1/2 tbsp GC Napa valley Poultry Rub
- 2 tsp GC NAPA VALLEY Sage Finishing Sea Salt
- 2-3 Lemons sliced 1/4” thin- prefer Meyer if available
- 2 tsp GC GC NAPA VALLEY Culinary Lavender Tellicherry Pepper
- When preparing chicken, you must clean all surfaces, cooking utensils, and your hands with soap and water, and mildly chlorinated water or Ajax
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees
- Rub chicken skin and cavity with lemon halves to freshen flavors. Rinse with water. Dry with paper towel.
- Brush skin with Buttery Extra Virgin Olive Oil and rub GC Chicken Rub onto all the skin areas and cavity.
- Push slices of lemon under skin and in the cavity. Use all the lemons.
- To roast chicken: Leave chicken whole and tuck wings under the body. Place on a metal rack in a roasting pan. Cook at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees for 40 minutes. The skin will be toasty brown and crisp.
- The chicken is done when the juices run clear from the chicken when a fork is inserted into the leg joint.
- Remove from oven. Let rest 10 minutes and rough cut into 3”x 3” pieces, leaving legs & wings whole.
- Sprinkle a pinch of Sage Sea Salt and Culinary Lavender Tellicherry Pepper over meat.
Arrange chicken pieces on a platter garnished with fresh sage sprig, or place on top of desired side dish: quinoa, pasta, or wild or brown rice.
GABRIELLE COLLECTION JUXTAPOSITION CABERNET SAUVIGNON NAPA VALLEY 2011
The Chicken is rubbed with a spice blend of exotic cardamom and turmeric, which beautifully complement the spicy finish of the wine. More wine details at www.gabriellewine.com.