We are in our O’Connell Family Estate Vineyard cooking a beautiful Ribeye with our Cabernet Butter. Our Culinary Director Bob Magnani is demonstrating how we BBQ a Ribeye with our GC Napa Valley Rosemary Peppercorn Meat Rub cooked over hot coals with our GC Napa Valley Cabernet Oak Barrel Chips.
We have two recommendations for steak, our first is the 2015 Gabrielle Collection Equilateral Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley. 100% Cabernet Sauvignon 100% Estate Grown O’Connell Family Vineyards. Balance is essential to achieve quality and enjoyment. In past vintages this wine has won gold in the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition.
The Second paring option is the 2015 Gabrielle Limited ELLE Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley. This is a small production wine.Gabrielle envisioned ELLE for years and the 2015 vintage again provided the character that perfectly matched her vision: a red wine with the ripeness Napa Valley can achieve and the classic structure of a Bordeaux wine.
Cabernet Butter Recipe:
- 1 Cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 Medium garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Finishing Sea Salt
- 1 Stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves
- 1 Tsp. + pinch GC Napa Valley Lavender Infused Tellicherry Pepper
- Pour Cabernet Sauvignon into sauce pot, turn on high heat and reduce to 2 tablespoons to concentrate flavors. Set aside to cool.
- To wash parsley- submerge into a bowl of cold water, swish it around (dirt will fall to the bottom) and shake off the water. Pat dry with paper towels. Remove leaves from stems.
- In a food processor, add the softened butter, parsley, reduced Cabernet Sauvignon, garlic, Cabernet Finishing Sea Salt and Lavender Infused Tellicherry Pepper. On medium high speed, combine ingredients until well mixed.
- Place in refrigerator until solid.
When steak as desired, remove from grill and top hot steak with a dollop of Cabernet Sauvignon Compound Butter.
Suggested serving platter: Arrange the steak and side dishes on a barrel stave platter for a dramatic presentation. Enjoy!
Note: You can freeze the compound butter for future use: On a sheet of plastic wrap, spoon the butter on top, fold plastic over butter and roll up into a log. Twist both ends to close the log and keep in freezer. Slice off pieces as needed.
Call us to order your Foodie Exclusive GC Napa Valley Rosemary Peppercorn Meat Rub. 707.815.0364