Rubbed Leg of Lamb
The rub deepens the Lamb favors… add Citrus Chutney for the WOW factor!
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Servers : 8
Wine Pairing: Gabrielle Collection Equilateral Cabernet Sauvignon, Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley 2013
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOKING TIME: 1 hour 20 minutes TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 3 Lb. Leg of lamb, trimmed and tied (ask butcher)
- 5 Cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 Tsp. GC Napa Valley Wild Fennel Finishing Sea Salt
- 5 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Poultry Rub
- ¾ Cup Canola oil
- OPTIONAL: 1 Cup Greek yogurt - 2 Tbsp. Parsley, minced - 1 Tsp. Garlic, minced - 1 Loaf Whole wheat bread
- Place oven rack in the middle of oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
- Make paste: Add garlic, Wild Fennel Sea Salt, Poultry Rub, and canola oil to food processor; blend to a smooth paste.
- Pour paste over lamb and rub deeply with hands (wearing plastic gloves suggested to avoid garlic odor on hands). For best flavor, do this the night before and refrigerate.
- Place meat on roasting rack inside the roasting pan and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Check doneness with meat thermometer- temperature should read 140 degrees (medium-rare) or 155 degrees (medium). When desired doneness is reached, remove roast from oven, cover with foil, and let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Note: the internal temperature will increase 5 degrees, so remove slightly less done to allow for additional cooking during rest period.
- Pour meat juices (Jus) into a 1 cup Pyrex measuring cup and reserve.
Carve thin slices of the juicy Lamb roast and serve on a rustic barrel stave platter, wood board or white serving dish. Pour pan jus over meat. Serve with Citrus Chutney (see the separate recipe.)
For the left overs, make a delicious lamb sandwich. Build your sandwich: toast whole wheat bread, spread with Herbed Yogurt, sliced tomatoes, and lettuce. To make Herbed Yogurt Spread: combine and mix 1 cup Greek yogurt with 2 Tbsp. minced parsley and 1 Tsp. minced garlic.
- 1 3 Lb. Leg of lamb, trimmed and tied (ask butcher)
- 1 Bulb Garlic
- 1 Bottle Canola oil
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Bunch Parsley, fresh
- 1 Loaf Whole wheat bread