Leek and Parsnip Soup with Rubbed Croutons
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: Pietro Family Cellars Chardonnay 2014
Prep Time 20 Minutes
- 2 Large or 3-4 small organic leeks (2 cups chopped)
- 1 Large organic parsnip (¾ cup rough chop)
- 2 Tsp. GC NAPA VALLEY Savory Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp. GC NAPA VALLEY Sage Finishing Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp. GC NAPA VALLEY Lavender Tellicherry Pepper
- 2 Cups Vegetable stock (Organic)
- 2 Tsp. Green onions (sliced thin 1/8”)
- 3 Tbs. GC NAPA VALLEY Poultry Rub
- 1 Tbs. GC NAPA VALLEY Sage Finishing Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Sourdough Baguette
- 3 Tbs. GC NAPA VALLEY Savory Extra Virgin Olive Oil (to coat)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut off dark green tops leaving the bottom third of leeks (white part). Cut in half length-wise, and wash under cold water thoroughly- be sure to separate the layers to get all dirt out. Slice into ½ in. pieces, and set aside. • In large soup pot, add 1 tsp Savory Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and leeks. Cook leeks on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until leeks are tender.
- Wash parsnip and chop into ½” pieces. Add parsnips, Sage Finishing Sea Salt, Lavender Tellicherry Pepper, and vegetable stock. Simmer for 20-30 minutes until parsnip is tender and almost falls apart. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Transfer ingredients from pot into blender, blend on medium speed until it has a creamy, thick consistency.
- Croutons: Cut Baguette into dice size squares. Toss with Savory Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Poultry Rub, and Sage Finishing Sea Salt. Place in oven for 5-10 minutes or until crunchy golden brown.
Individual serving bowls. Top with sliced green onions, Savory Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sage Sea Salt, and Seasoned Croutons. Add the Spring Butter lettuce salad for a perfect lunch. Also a great first course to your dinner party.
- 2 Large or 3-4 small organic leeks ( 2 cups chopped)
- 1 Large organic parsnip
- 2 Cups vegetable stock (organic)
- 1 Sourdough baguette