Chopped Olives on Lemon Olive Oil Crostini
So versatile! Use Chopped Olives recipe to create a vegetarian pasta, polenta or accent grilled halibut.
Recipe by: Gabrielle
SERVES: 6 (2 crostini each)
Wine Pairing: 2018 Pietro Family Cellars Sauvignon Blanc Reserve, Napa Valley
PREP TIME: 5 minutes REST TIME: 30 minutes TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
- 18 Kalamata black olives, pitted
- 15 Castelvetrano green olives, pitted
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp. pimientos, undrained
- ½ tsp. fresh thyme leaves, minced
- ½ tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Olive Spice Blend
- ¼ tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Grapefruit Pink Peppercorn
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Buttery Proprietary Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 French baguette for Lemon Olive Oil Crostini (see recipe) or use your favorite cracker
- Rinse olives in cold water. Let drain on a paper towel, then pat dry.
- Roughly chop Kalamata olives. Halve Castelvetrano olives then slice ⅛” rings. Put in a small bowl.
- Put garlic clove through a garlic press or use a microplane (rasp grater) and add to bowl.
- Add pimientos, thyme, Olive Spice Blend, Grapefruit Pink Peppercorn and Buttery Extra Virgin Olive Oil and gently mix. Let sit 30 minutes at room temperature or overnight in refrigerator. Before serving bring to room temperature. Can add more Olive Spice Blend to your taste preference.
- Prepare Lemon Olive Oil Crostini. See recipe.
This appetizer is so pretty on its own and besides pretty, it is pretty darn delicious! This will make olive lovers swoon with the medley of flavors. Just before serving, mound Chopped Olives on a Lemon Olive Oil Crostini. In a hurry? Use your favorite cracker. The recipe yields 12 Tbsp (1 Tbsp. per crostini, making 12 total). Place crostini on a decorative plate and garnish with fresh herb sprigs.
Other serving options for Chopped Olives:
• Leave olives whole in the preparation. Serve warm.
• Leave olives whole in the preparation. Mix with crumbled feta cheese or fresh mozzarella cubes. Serve at room temperature.
• Ideal as a garnish for grilled or roasted vegetables, poultry, pork, and fish (halibut, salmon, tuna, Chilean sea bass).
• Add as a topping for pizza or a pretty addition to a charcuterie board.
• Pasta or polenta: Prepare according to directions. Mix in the Chopped Olives and add some fresh chopped herbs, if desired. Try flat leaf parsley, thyme, basil, chives, marjoram, tarragon. Have fun experimenting!
- 1 jar 6-7 oz. Kalamata black olives, pitted
- 1 jar 8 oz. Castelvetrano green olives, pitted
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 jar 2 oz. diced pimientos
- 1 small bunch fresh thyme
- 1 French baguette for recipe: Lemon Olive Oil Crostini or use your favorite cracker
- GC Napa Valley Chardonnay Finishing Sea Salt for Lemon Olive Oil Crostini
- GC Napa Valley Natural Olive Spice Blend
- GC Napa Valley Natural Grapefruit Pink Peppercorn
- GC Napa Valley Natural Buttery Proprietary Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil