Blood Orange Olive Oil and Sea Salt Fudge
4 steps, 5 ingredients, 6 minutes away from pure decadence
Recipe by: Gabrielle
YIELD: 16 squares 2”x 2”
Wine Pairing: 2015 Gabrielle Limited Cask 321 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa County
PREP TIME: 2 minutes COOK TIME: 4 minutes TOTAL TIME: 6 minutes
- 2 sheets parchment paper, cut 8” x 16”
- ½ tsp. canola oil or canola oil cooking spray
- ½ tsp. + 3 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Blood Orange Olive Oil - Or substitute with GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 3 cups (18 oz.) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips, Ghirardelli preferred
- 2 tsp. + ⅛ tsp. GC Napa Valley Natural Orange Finishing Sea Salt
- Optional garnish: Candied Honey Orange Slices, 3 roughly chopped, 1 left whole
Prepare Optional Candied Orange Slices:
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Place parchment paper on baking sheet followed by a wire cooling rack. Lay orange slices on the rack in a single layer. Warm Lavender Infused Honey in microwave at 5 second intervals to just spreading consistency. Evenly spread on each side of the orange slices. Bake until crisp, about 40 minutes.
Prepare Blood Orange Olive Oil and Sea Salt Fudge
- Brush very lightly or mist with an olive oil mister an 8”x 8” square baking pan with canola oil to make parchment stick.
- Center one parchment strip inside pan. Press edges up against the two sides, making sure the excess hangs over the edges to create a sling. Brush very lightly or mist with an olive oil mister the parchment in the pan, then repeat with second parchment strip the opposite direction. Brush or mist top of second parchment with ½ tsp. Blood Orange Olive Oil.
- Add heavy cream, orange zest and bittersweet chocolate chips to a medium size pan over low heat. Stir until chips are melted. Remove from heat. Stir in 3 Tbsp. Blood Orange Olive Oil.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture into parchment lined baking pan. Spread evenly. Sprinkle 2 tsp. Orange Finishing Sea Salt on top.
- Refrigerate 3 hours. Gently lift fudge from pan using the parchment sling. Place on cutting board. Slice into 2”x 2” squares.
Arrange Blood Orange Olive Oil and Sea Salt Fudge on a serving platter with some pieces randomly stacked. Sprinkle ⅛ tsp. Orange Finishing Sea Salt for presentation. Add optional garnishes of chopped Candied Honey Orange Slices sprinkled on top fudge and 1 whole candied orange slice to accent the plate
* FOODIE TIPS IN THE KITCHEN: The Olive Oil Mister, A Must-Have Kitchen Tool.
- ½ pint (8 fl. oz.) heavy cream
- 1 orange
- 2 pkgs. 10 oz. 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips, Ghirardelli preferred
- Optional garnish: Candied Honey Orange Slices – you will need an additional orange
- Recommended equipment: Olive oil mister