Rustic Orange Olive Oil Brownies
A best kept secret – olive oil is a perfect match for chocolate and these Brownies are a perfect pairing for Cabernet Sauvignon- especially Cask 321.
WINE PAIRING: CASK 321 CABERNET SAUVIGNON OAK KNOLL DISTRICT of NAPA VALLEY
Makes 30 pieces
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- ½ lb bittersweet chocolate (68-75%)
- 10 tbsp GC NAPA VALLEY Orange Olive Oil
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup ground almonds
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×10-inch rectangular Pyrex baking pan.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in microwave for 1 minute to melt. Add the olive oil and stir to blend. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine eggs, ground almonds and sugar. Add to the melted chocolate and stir to blend.
- In another bowl, combine the baking soda and flour. Sift into the chocolate mixture. Stir to blend. Add the walnuts and stir again.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes for a fudgy brownie or 30-35 minutes for a firmer brownie.
- Remove pan from the oven. Let stand for 5 minutes, then un-mold onto a cooling rack to cool.
Cut into 3″ squares for serving. Best served slightly warm topped with powdered sugar. You can even add a pinch of Cabernet Sea Salt for another layer of flavor.
Optional if not serving with wine: add a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
GABRIELLE LIMITED CASK 321 CABERNET SAUVIGNON OAK KNOLL DISTRICT of NAPA VALLEY 2012
A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon & Cabernet Franc. The earthy flavor profile of Cabernet Franc is a link to a high percent bittersweet chocolate. More wine details at www.gabriellewine.com.