A great substitute for mashed potatoes and a perfect side for roasted meats.
- 1 head Romesco Green cauliflower (sweet, mild and nutty flavor)
- 1 head White cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme leaves removed from stem
- 1 teaspoon GC Napa Valley Chardonnay Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- GC Napa Valley Buttery Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 fresh lemon thyme sprigs left whole as garnish
- Wash the cauliflower under running water. Be sue to get any dirt from between leaves and head. Leave laves on, as they are edible.
- Steam the heads of cauliflower in the steamer. Be sure the cauliflower does not touch the water. If you do not have a steamer simply put a meat rack into the bottom of a large cooking pot and fill with 2 inches of water.
- Steam cauliflower until soft- about 10 minutes.
- Remove each head carefully with a slotted spoon. Put into a colander to let any moisture trip off.
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl and coarsely chopped into small chunks.
- Put into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove from blender and put into bowl. Mix with lemon thyme.
Place in a colorful side dish or layer on the serving dish of a roast such as Prime Rib or Pot Roast. Sprinkle white pepper and GC Napa Valley Chardonnay Sea Salt over pureed Cauliflower
Drizzle GC Napa Valley Buttery Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the cauliflower puree.