Seared Filet Mignon with Cabernet Pan Sauce
This is the ultimate steak dish for that special occasion sure to please your taste buds in every way!
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: Gabrielle Collection Juxtaposition Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2012
Total time: 35 minutes
- 4 Filet Mignon steaks (6-8 oz. 2͟ thick)
- 2 Tsp. GC Napa Valley Lavender Tellicherry Pepper
- 2 Tsp. GC Napa Valley Cabernet Sea Salt
- 2 Tsp. Grapeseed oil (Canola Oil may be substituted)
- 1 Stick (8 Tbsp.) unsalted butter (Set 4 Tbsp. aside in refrigerator for pan sauce)
- 1 Bottle Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 Cups Beef Stock- prefer unsalted
- Season steaks with Lavender Tellicherry Pepper and Cabernet Sea Salt on both sides and all around. Rub seasoning into meat with your fingers. (Steaks must be at room temperature for even cooking)
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter with 3 Tsp. Grapeseed Oil in a large skillet (cast iron preferred) over medium/high heat setting.
- Once pan begins to smoke, add steaks, and cook for 2-3 minutes per side (once steaks are in the pan, DO NOT move for 2 minutes for best results)
- Remove steaks from heat, allow 5 minutes to rest for before serving.
- Drain remaining oil from pan.
- Using same pan, deglaze by adding 1 bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and 2 cups of beef stock while scraping bottom of pan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce by 75%, then remove from heat and whisk in ½ stick of cold butter (4 Tbsp.). Adding cold butter will give the sauce a glossy shine.
Wow your guests with this mouthwatering dish served on a beautiful white dish to accent the colors and sauce. We suggest pairing this recipe with our Gouda Mashed Potatoes and our Broccolini recipe available online.
Spoon the mashed potatoes on the bottom of the plate, lay the steak on top and arrange the Broccolini along one side.
▼ Click here to download the recipe card