Grilled Rubbed Rib-Eye with Cabernet Sauvignon Compound Butter
The Cabernet Sauvignon Compound Butter adds the wow factor to this grilled steak. Make extra to freeze and use on other dishes.
Wine Pairing: Gabrielle Collection Equilateral Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 100% Cabernet Sauvignon. Try our 2012 Gold Medal awarded vintage!
Prep time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 10 minutes.
- 1 Cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 Medium garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Finishing Sea Salt
- 1 Stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves
- 1 Tsp. + pinch GC Napa Valley Lavender Infused Tellicherry Pepper
- 4 Rib-eye steaks 1 1/2 inch thick 6-8 oz. each
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Meat Rub
- Pour Cabernet Sauvignon into sauce pot, turn on high heat and reduce to 2 tablespoons to concentrate flavors. Set aside to cool.
- To wash parsley- submerge into a bowl of cold water, swish it around (dirt will fall to the bottom) and shake off the water. Pat dry with paper towels. Remove leaves from stems.
- In a food processor, add the softened butter, parsley, reduced Cabernet Sauvignon, garlic, Cabernet Finishing Sea Salt and Lavender Infused Tellicherry Pepper. On medium high speed, combine ingredients until well mixed.
- Place in refrigerator until solid.
- Brush a clean grill rack with cooking oil and heat to medium/high heat
- Rub each steak with 1/2 Tablespoon Meat Rub and a pinch of Lavender Infused Tellicherry Pepper.
- Place steaks on hot grill and cook to desired doneness, approximately 6 minutes per side for medium-rare.
When steak is done to the desired doneness, remove from grill and top hot steak with a dollop of Cabernet Sauvignon Compound Butter.
Suggested serving platter: Arrange the steak and side dishes on a barrel stave platter for a dramatic presentation. Enjoy!
Note: You can freeze the compound butter for future use: On a sheet of plastic wrap, spoon the butter on top, fold plastic over butter and roll up into a log. Twist both ends to close the log and keep in freezer. Slice off pieces as needed.