Goat Cheese Crostini with Toasted Almonds
A wonderful combination of flavors converging together to create the perfect crostini bite from salty, sweet, to savory
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: Gabrielle Collection Equilateral Cabernet Sauvignon, Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley, Estate Grown 2013
- 1 French Baguette
- 8 Oz. Goat cheese softened
- 1 Yellow onion, small diced
- ½ Cup Almonds
- 4 Tsp. GC Napa Valley Lemon Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Dried Bing Cherries, diced
- 1 Tsp. GC Napa Valley Rosemary Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp. GC Napa Valley Meyer Lemon Honey
- 1/4 Cup General Cooking Extra Virgin Olive Oil (we prefer Kirkland or Trader Joe's)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice baguette in ¼ in slices, arrange pieces on sheet tray and brush with extra virgin olive oil. Place in oven to bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Peel and dice onion, toss in extra virgin olive oil and place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Stir every five minutes for even cooking
- Place almonds on another pan and roast for 10 minutes, almonds should be golden brown.
- Remove when finished, roughly chop almonds then set aside.
- Roughly chop dried cherries and mix with onions.
Spread softened goat cheese onto crostini, sprinkle Rosemary Sea Salt, drizzle Meyer Lemon Honey,Lemon Olive Oil, and roasted almonds, then top with dried cherries and onion mixture. Taste the combination of flavors pinging off every last taste bud.
▼ Click here to download the recipe card