GC Composed Frisée Autumn Salad
Composed Frisée Autumn Salad
The perfect salad once the air gets a chill. Our garden is abundant with the ingredients, so a brisk walk outside is all it takes to gather the ingredients for dinner.
- 1 head Frisée lettuce
- 3 fresh ripe Fuyu persimmons
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 18 pecans
- 1-2 Tablespoons GC Napa Valley Meat Rub
- 1 Tablespoon Myer lemon zest
- Pinch GC Napa Valley Lavender Sea Salt
- Pinch GC Napa Valley Lavender Tellicherry Pepper
- ¼ cup cooking grade extra virgin olive oil or grape seed oil
- Citrus Salad Dressing
- Wash lettuce and spin dry.
- Put a handful on each salad dish.
- Fuyu persimmons: slice into 18 ½” thick wedges
- GC Napa Valley Meat Rub seasoned pan roasted pecans: Dust pecans with Meat Rub and sauté until slightly golden brown- be careful- they burn easily. Remove from pan and set aside
- Pomegranate seeds: buy seeded or take, slice open a pomegranate and remove seeds. Be careful-they stain clothes, so go slow.
- Compose Salad
- Place 3 Fuyu around edge of salad
- Sprinkle Pomegranate seeds over top
- Sprinkle pecans over top
- Sprinkle a pinch of Myer lemon zest over lettuce
- Drizzle Citrus Dressing over top of salad being sure to cover all lettuce but do not drench- keep it on the light side
- Finish with pinch of GC Lavender Sea salt & Lavender Tellicherry Pepper