Fresh & Easy Red Wine Tomato Sauce with Tortellini
Makes 4 cups
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cups red wine
- GC Rosemary Finishing Sea Salt & black pepper
- Coarsely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Add Extra Virgin Olive Oil to thick bottomed pot and add onions. Cook on very low heat until onions become soft. You may need to add oil to keep onions from burning.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste & red wine. Cook on Low heat for 1 hour until all ingredients are well integrated.
- Cook tortellini to al dante (still a little firm) & drain.
Put pasta tortellini onto a small plate or platter, place sauce over pasta & garnish with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, a touch of Italian parsley, a pinch of GC Rosemary Finishing Sea Salt & black pepper.