Couscous with Toasted Pine Nuts
Recipe by: Gabrielle
Wine Pairing: Gabrielle Collection Equilateral Cabernet Sauvignon, Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley 2013
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOKING TIME: 25 minutes TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
- 2 Cups Israeli couscous
- 1/3 Cup Pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, unsalted
- 1 Cup Yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ Cup Parsley, fresh, roughly chopped
- 2 ½ Cups Chicken stock
- 1 Tsp. GC Napa Valley Lavender Tellicherry Pepper
- 1 Tsp. GC Napa Valley Wild Fennel Finishing Sea Salt
- ½ Cup Golden raisins
- ½ Cup Raisins
- 2 Tbsp. GC Napa Valley Estate Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- To toast pine nuts: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place pine nuts on baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes until pine nuts are golden brown.
- Add garlic and onions and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions are translucent and tender, do not brown.
- Add chicken stock then bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous, Wild Fennel Finishing Sea Salt, Lavender Tellicherry Pepper and Israeli couscous.
- Cover pot with lid, turn off heat and let steam for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove lid and fluff Israeli couscous with a fork, fold in toasted pine nuts, raisins, golden raisins, and parsley. Adjust seasoning if needed.
Serve this wonderful dish hot to get the full flavor in one of your own festive serving bowls. Drizzle GC Napa Valley Meyer Lemon Olive Oil over top for that luxury Napa Valley touch.
▼ Click here to download the recipe card